ESG (Environment, Social, and Governance) is a methodology companies use to report on aspects that reflect how sustainable, responsible, and ethical they are. ESG is rapidly increasing in importance and impact, causing companies to want to have a better understanding of what ESG is and how they can best engage with it.
At ESGai we are transforming how organisations explore, define, and track their ESG goals. We leverage the power of artificial intelligence to enable companies to visualise, model, and optimise their own approach to ESG. We are focused on understanding how to best engage our customers with ESG in a way that incentivises real change, makes ESG scoring more transparent, and rewards companies who make good progress.
Your role as ESGai’s Business Development Associate
We are seeking an innovative Business Development Associate to join our product team and ensure that our products remain competitive. As a Business Development Associate, your customer-facing duties will include analysing end-user behaviour, impressions and industry trends, evaluating customer feedback on our products, and helping to find solutions for product issues.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the ability to contribute appropriate insights and strategies. You will work closely with our leadership and development teams and meet with our prospects and customers as required to establish expertise as our market representative.
Reporting to the Director of Product Management and collaborating with the product team, your responsibilities include:
- Reach out to potential customers, including showcasing and networking at tradeshows and conferences,
- Provide product demonstrations to prospective customers,
- Provide onboarding support, especially during Beta trials,
- Develop efficient customer communication and feedback channels,
- Connect with customers, including collecting, organising, and analysing user feedback,
- Contribute/manage social media channels on behalf of the company.
We’re a remote-enabled company, so if you want to work remotely you’ll have all the necessary tools and support you need to do so. You will be expected to travel a few times a year to present the product at national and international trade shows and conferences.
You should apply if…
- You believe in our mission and want to help us achieve it.
- You have exceptional communication skills and are able to convey ideas clearly to different stakeholders.
- You enjoy working with users to understand and meet their needs.
- You thrive in an evolving and highly innovative product development environment.
- You speak up when you disagree, ask questions when you don’t understand, provide constructive feedback to others, and take ownership of your work.
- You’re keen to learn and interested in a role where you will have progressively greater responsibility and make more strategic decisions.
Why Should You Work at ESGai?
At ESGai, you will be an integral member of a world-class team in an early stage and rapidly expanding startup. Our team is intelligent, hardworking, fun, and has a passion for innovation and a proven track record of multiple successful startups.
We believe that a company is a reflection of its employees. ESGai is committed to an inclusive, respectful, and thought-provoking workplace that enables our team members to learn, collaborate, innovate, and grow. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and perspectives regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, age.
Competitive salary will be determined based on fit and experience.
- 2+ years of experience with using and/or supporting software-as-a-service products or similar positions in an applicable industry or field,
- Prior experience in customer-facing role in customer support, sales, business development and/or marketing,
- Exceptional communication skills, including across stakeholder groups,
- Highly organised and detail oriented,
- Prefer a Bachelor’s degree (eg. Business, Computer Science, Engineering etc.) or equivalent industry experience,
- Facility with current product marketing tools (social media, web analytics),
- Proficiency in French (or other second language) is a plus.